Tuesday 18 May 2010

Belhaven - Twisted Thistle IPA

Belhaven Twisted Thistle IPA

Thought I had better try and balance out my meh review of Belhaven's St Andrews Ale. I felt bad and they are a good brewery. I remembered a couple of weeks ago drinking Twisted Thistle IPA (Indian Pale Ale).

I also remember tweeting that it was my new favourite but couldn't remember if it was brewed by Belhaven or not.

You can see the tweet on this link, http://twitter.com/tookiebunten/status/12655296544

However I managed to find the photograph that I had taken. Luckily I'm a bit sad and geeky like that. Much to my joy it was by Belhaven, so nice one.

What it says on the bottle:-

A stunning India Pale Ale (IPA), don't think that Belhaven's Twisted Thistle has anything jaggy, spikey, prickly or otherwise pain-inflicting in its nature. Quite the opposite. Your taste buds will tingle with pleasure after a sip or two of this golden nectar. A real treat from our master brewers in Dunbar.

What I think:-

To me it's not an IPA in the true sense but that doesn't stop it being good. It's a cracking beer and my taste buds do tingle, so much so I'll be buying more tonight. Can't give it a better recommendation than than.

You can find out more www.belhaven.co.uk/row/belhaven/twistedthistle.php

Posted via web from Beering Around The World

No comments:

Post a Comment