Friday, 29 January 2010
Wednesday, 27 January 2010
Saturday, 23 January 2010
Monday, 18 January 2010
Sunday, 17 January 2010
- Cabbage - grew well but just never seem to come to anything.
- Swede - grew well and gave a few away as I had too many. Even gave away seedlings that went to harvest.
- Spring Onions - Went well. Lost a few to the rain, the survivors were good and flavourful
- Beet root - Was a mixed of my own batch only two survived to be eaten. Seedlings I gave away went on to be harvested.
- Lettuce - Very successful until I let them go to flower and seed, died after that but got much enjoyment out of them during the summer
- Carrots - Complete failure for some reason, sprouted, died.
- Parsley - of the curly variety, grew well and is still clinging on even in this atrocious weather.
- Thyme - same as the Parsley.
- Basil - grew brilliant and have re-potted in doors and is growing strong
- Peppers - Just can't grow them outside in Scotland, just didn't work
- Chillies - Exact same problem as the peppers. Probably need a green house.
Today's View - R is for Rowan.Had to get a couple of shelves up in Rowan's room as she has a lot of
stuff, family and friends have been very generous. We have been
blessed in so many ways, therefore I took advantage of Papa Tookie &
Granny Bunten's visit today. Papas are handy for more than just
babysitting, you know. Papa Tookie has a cordless 24v hammer drill, perfect for drilling into
brick walls and hanging brackets. Now that's done it's off for some Sunday lunch and a couple of pints.
Thursday, 14 January 2010
Well as of 22:10 on Friday night I will have been a new dad for all of five weeks. Five weeks since @babybunten aka Rowan was born. She has now been in our life for five weeks, nearly. How quickly she has transformed our world. I can't imagine what some things were like before Rowan came along, crazy as it sounds. Probably if your a parent yourself you'll understand.
Sunday, 10 January 2010
Saturday, 9 January 2010
Wednesday, 6 January 2010
Today's View - after clearing number one car yesterday, thought it
might be prudent to clear number two car. Especially since it hasn't
been turned over in about a week and the chance, according to weather
reports that it's to get worse! Need not have worried, started first
Tuesday, 5 January 2010
Friday, 1 January 2010
This got delivered yesterday, it's my first gift from my daughter, Rowan. It's a Sigg Oval flask with mug. It's the 600ml version. I'm looking forward to using it this year. My current Sigg bottle is over 10 years old, battered, bruised and very much gubbed. This will be a great replacement.