Monday 30 August 2010

Days Out - Strathaven Hot Air Balloon Festival

Strathaven Festival

I was really looking forward to writing this up but now I'm full of disappointment. Yesterday we decided to go along to the Strathaven Hot Air Balloon Festival. I really wish I had discovered their website before turning up. We had seen the signs up and around advertising that it would be on at the weekend. However never seen a balloon as there all up at the crack of dawn and there in lies my disappointment. Still had a good day out the weather was fine and there was other stuff to see and do. Lots of stalls selling local jams, jewellery, bags and the like as well as the Hamilton Classic Car Club.

Hamilton Classic Car Club

The club had a good selection of cars on show including a couple Trabants from East Germany as well as some old Royal Enfield motorcycles. 

Hamilton Classic Car Club

Ah well there's always next year. Now that I know the timetable.

Posted via email from tookiebunten's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment